Saturday, August 20, 2011

The XA Songlist

Music has played a huge part in my addiction and my recovery. I never found myself partying without some crazy music to enhance the party. However, since getting sober music has played a special part in allowing me to feel my feelings again. I am very grateful to have been touched by several songs and artists. Knowing that I am not alone I sent out a request on twitter for songs to add to the #XA songlist. Here are the results.



ConributorArtistSongNotes
@cheersmom Son Volt "Methamphetamine" about the aftermath of addiction sad day song but some days you needs those 
@TodayABetterWayChevelle Send the Pain Below
@todayABetterWayJosh TurnerLong Black Train
@StarBabyPI Sidewalk Prophets"You Love Me Anyway" 
@SoberPicklesSinead O'Connor: Hold Back the Night
@SoberPicklesAni Difranco: Come Away From It
@SoberPicklesHold Steady How a Resurrection Really Feels
@jonniqueenColplay Everything's Not Lost
@funguydave Reeltime Travelers Ain't Gwine Drink
@habituatedbuddhToolSober
@12and12todayKeith UrbanNobody Drinks Alone
@12and12todayKeith UrbanG-d's Been Good to Me
@bobby_stepsSmashing PumpkinsShame
@bobby_stepsThird EyeBlindGod of Wine
@AlwaysHope262Jon McLaughlinWe All Need SavingAddiction. Brings me to tears every time. moving, painful, beautiful.
@AlwaysHope262U2 bad
@AlwaysHope262pearl jamAmongst the waves
@DaffyDrunkCarrie UnderwoodJesus, Take The Wheel
@DaffyDrunkBrad PaisleyWhiskey Lullaby
@DaffyDrunkRascal FlatsI'm Movin On
@bobby_stepsJean Greer MccartyI Own It


I want to thank all my #XA for being so helpful with sharing songs so intimately personal to their recovery. One day at a time is how we roll.......

2 comments:

  1. Love the list! Thanks for sharing. Here are my 2 favorites!

    Eminem - Beautiful Pain
    Maclemore - Neon Cathedral

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete